Dominik Dubravec, DDS, MMSc
Dr. Dubravec grew up in Herscher, IL along with his five brothers and one sister. He attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and graduated with a Bachelors degree in biology. He then went on to the Loyola School of Dentistry where he received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. From there he was awarded a National Institute of Health scholarship to attend the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. He completed a Fellowship in Surgical Immunology at Harvard Medical School and received a Master of Medical Science degree. He completed his residency in periodontology at Harvard School of Dental Medicine. This program focused on the diagnosis and treatment of periodontal diseases, all aspects of oral and plastic surgery as well as intense training in implants.
After graduation he was recruited by the University of Chicago for a teaching position in the Department of Surgery. After teaching and practicing at the University he purchased his current practice in Kankakee. He began practicing in Kankakee in 1990 and left his position at the University in order to give his full attention to his private practice. He purchased his second practice in Chicago Heights in 1997, later moving this practice to Frankfort in December 2008. In 2015, Dr. Dubravec merged his Frankfort and Kankakee offices with Dr. Francis’ Oak Brook office, allowing Dr. Dubravec the opportunity to more effectively serve patients.
Contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
Dr. Dubravec has served as President of the Illinois Society of Periodontists, Kankakee District Dental Society, and South Suburban Chicago Dental Society. He is a member of the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Periodontology and Dental Implantology, the Illinois State Dental Society, the Midwest Society of Periodontists, and a number of other professional organizations. Dr. Dubravec was awarded the partners in Clinical Research Grant by the American Academy of Periodontology. He is currently working with researchers from a number of Universities including the Universities of Bern Switzerland and London England. He has lectured both nationally and internationally on implants and periodontology, and he has published numerous articles on these subjects as well.
His warm nature and comforting personality compliment his great chairside manner. When he is not busy working, he can be found spending time with his wife Denise, Principal at New Trier High School, and his 4 children and 2 grandchildren, or mastering the ski slopes with his snowboard.
Education, Experience and Honors:
● University of Illinois B.S.
● Loyola School of Dentistry D.D.S.
● Harvard School of Dental Medicine Fellowship in Surgical Immunology
● Harvard School of Dental Medicine M.M.S.c.
● University of Chicago adjunct professor in the Department of Surgery
● National and international lecturer on implants and periodontology
● Awarded the Partners in Clinical Research Grant by the American Academy of Periodontology
● American Dental Society
● American Academy of Periodontology and Dental Implantology
● American Academy of Osseointegration
● International Congress of Oral Implantolgists
● Illinois State Dental Society
● Midwest Society of Periodontists
● Illinois Society of Periodontists
● Kankakee District Dental Society
● South Suburban Chicago Dental Society
● The Levin Group
1998: Interleukin 1 production by polymorphonuclear neutrophils is regulated by the endogenous cyclooxygenase pathway
1990: Polymorphonuclear Neutrophils (PMN) – Potential role in cytokine response to injury and infection
June 18-19, 2018 – Conscious Sedation Consulting, LLC in Oak Brook, IL
- Principles ensuring patient safety
- Goals and risks of conscious sedation
- Continuum of sedation
- Patient pre-sedation assessment
- Pertinent pharmacology and physiology of sedative agents
- Routes of administration
- Intra-procedure patient management
- Medical emergency and airway management
- Monitoring and equipment
- Preparedness for adverse events
- Patient recovery and discharge
- Standards, guidelines and state regulations
February 24-25, 2018 – Midwest Society of Periodontology in Chicago, IL
- Interplay Between Peri-Implant Bone and Mucosa
- Current Soft Tissue Grafting
- Managing Dental Implant Complication
May 12-13, 2017 – Osteogenics Biomedical Inc.
- Advanced Hard and Soft Tissue Regeneration Techniques
February 24 – 26, 2017 – Midwest Society of Periodontology in Chocago, IL
- Essentials in Piezosurgery
- Surgically Facilitated Orthodontic Treatment
- The Oral-Systemic Periodontal Practice
January 31 – February 4, 2017 – Meisinger’s 7th Annual High Altitude Comprehensive Implant Symposium in Vail, CO
- Surgical Techniques to Enhance Orthodontic and Other Advanced Surgical Therapies
- Bone Augmentation and Soft Tissue Management in Oral Implantology
- Principles of Hard Tissue Regeneration and Long-term Results
- Full Arch Solutions for Maxillary Rehabilitation
- Principles on Vertical and Horizontal Augmentation
- Grafting with Autogenous Bone
- Preserving Soft and Hard Tissue in the Aesthetic Zone
- Bone Grafting and Reconstructive Surgery Protocols Using Three-Dimensional Technologies
December 3, 2016 – American Academy of Periodontology in Chicago, IL
- Periodontal Regeneration: What can be Achieved
November 8, 2016 – Implant Direct International in Oak Brook, IL
- Dental Laser Training
June 16 – 19, 2016 – The 12th International Symposium on Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry in Boston, Massachusetts
- Vertical and Horizontal Augmentation of the Atrophic Alveolar Ridge
- Ridge Preservation: Emerging Concepts and Clinical Indications
- Biology Versus Technology: Which Prevails at the Extraction Site
- Minimally Invasive Esthetic Site Development with Growth Factors
- Successful Management of Thin Soft Tissue Biotype
- Augmentation: The Solution for Long-Term Soft Tissue and Bone Preservation for Compromised Extraction Sites in the Esthetic Zone
- Autotransplantation of Premolars to Replace Traumatized Maxillary Incisors in the Growing Patient
- Perio-Implantitis – Prevalence, Risk Factors, and Treatment
- Regenerative Strategies for Alveolar Ridge Deficiencies